Fried rice is one of those things everyone loves to eat but hates to make. It seems impossible to get the flavors just right and let’s face it, it’s just not as much fun as watching it cooked hibachi style at your table. While we can’t help with the fun element (unless you own a flat top grill), this Vegan Fried Rice recipe is easy to make and bursting with flavor.
- 1 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice, uncooked
- 12 ounce vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
for the saute:
- 2 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 2 cups cabbage, or other greens
- 1/2 bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger root, minced
- 1 scallion bunch thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut aminos
- sesame oil to taste
Cook the rice according to the package directions, substituting broth for water.
Cook the carrot for about 3 minutes, until tender-crisp.
Add the greens, ginger, bell pepper and garlic and toss.
When the greens are wilted, add the rice and stir over medium high heat.
Stir in the scallions and coconut aminos and a drop or two of sesame oil.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.